Tuesday 4 August 2020

The First MHA Assessment under the 1959 MHA that I ever did


After getting the job of unqualified generic social worker in 1976 I worked for two years with a mixed caseload. This mainly consisted of elderly people, people with physical disabilities, some work with families, and one or two people with mental health problems and learning disabilities.

I was then seconded on full pay to a two year Certificate of Qualification in Social Work course and when I qualified I returned to work in my old office.

It’s 1981. I’ve only been a qualified social worker for less than a year. My boss calls me into his office and asks me to do an assessment under the 1959 Mental Health Act. But I’ve had no training...


2 comments:

  1. suprise surprise surprise iv being say this stuff gos on all the time they are reaily in charge of yopu life and they screw every up Dnot bother

    ReplyDelete
  2. get the benfits right get the houseing right get commuty halls right and get you jobs right and stay away from poaples lives rights and Dont bother

    ReplyDelete