Sunday 19 July 2020

Violet

During my years practising first as a Mental Welfare Officer, then as an Approved Social Worker and then as an AMHP, I’ve been in a few tight spots (being chased round a bungalow by an old man with dementia brandishing a shotgun being one that springs to mind). However, I have only rarely been actually physically assaulted.

I like to think that’s because I know how to keep myself safe and de-escalate potentially violent situations, but perhaps luck also has something to do with it. When I look at the situations in which I was assaulted, generally I can recognise that I’ve made mistakes of judgment (although sometimes they are completely unpredictable).

The Masked AMHP tells the sorry tale of when he was ambushed by a little old lady in his latest YouTube channel video. A warning to always be vigilant during MHA assessments.



No comments:

Post a Comment