Saturday 6 June 2020

Dolores and her Cat


During lockdown, and as I slide into retirement, I’ve been looking back over my career as a social worker and an AMHP.

I started as an unqualified generic social worker in 1976. I first began to practice as a Mental Welfare Officer under the old Mental Health Act 1959 in 1981. When the 1983 MHA came into force in September 1983, I became an Approved Social Worker.

I became a dedicated mental health social worker in 1988. When the MHA 2007 amended the 1983 Act in 2008, I became an Approved Mental Health Professional.

During that time I’ve undertaken approaching 700 assessments under various MHA’s.

On my new Masked AMHP YouTube channel I have begun to reminisce about some of my experiences.

If you’d like to hear about Dolores and her Cat, you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment